Sunday, May 21, 2006

Busy weekend...

Got busy before I resume school activities next Weeks.

Worked an extra day at the hospital Friday. I also fixed up a care package for Jeremy, my friend in Iraq. Here is what it looked like:

The contents consisted of hot sauce, crackers, smoked oysters and pictures from recent fishing trips. I have some memories from when Jeremy was about 14 maybe and we went to the lake one time and I had brought smoked oysters and hot sauce. Very hot hot sauce. I don't think Jeremy had ever had either and he plunged right in heartily dousing the oysters with sauce and sampling huge bites. People tell me I am also like this, so maybe that is the soul connection between me and Jeremy, the appetite to try new things, not gradually, but to immerse in the experience.

Starting Friday night, I went to the LHS band banquet, the football coach, Coach Outlaw was the guest speaker and he was great.

After that I helped chaperone a 24 hour food fast for the youth at church. I also fasted. The purpose was to raise money for Catholic Relief Services, the kids took pledges, and educate the kids about hunger, poverty and injustice that a lot of folks in the world deal with daily. Good group of kids, I think they already had concerns in this area or they would not have been there so I don't know if they learned all that much or just confirmed what they suspected. The curse of my life, I hang out with people who give a shit. That means I have to be good too. Anyway it was fun and had a great meal at the end of it.

Headed back to church this morning to help with the adult classes, there is something going on about the Da Vinci code today, don't know if I will see it or not, I am not interested about the movie, the fact that there is such a big buzz tells me it is not for me, but they have a secret guest speaker this morning, and I would like to know who that is. The Pope?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger