Thursday, July 20, 2006

So if you send me a hateful email...


I think I'll send this back to you.

Seems I have been getting very intolerant emails concerning immigrants and the war in the mid east from friends lately and I am worried that my silence may be sending the message that I agree. I don't. So hence the little message, which is a bookmark that I picked up and scanned. It came from a very subversive place, my local Roman Catholic Church.

Seems that extremist people are in power in many key countries right now. Their actions, with bombs missiles and gunfire drown out the quieter messages of others.

I think that apart from these radical extremists, which are in all countries, that the average guy, a person a lot like me just wants the best thing for his family, food, shelter, education and safety.

Peace is the best way to get them. So quit furthering the cause of those that want you to make war and hate, even if it's you own countrymen.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dan Maxwell said...

Hear, hear!

Or should I say, Amen?

9:08 AM  
Blogger Carl said...

One person with me.

And the rest of you...?

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you DAD...ALL the WAY!!!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Carl said...

Thank you.

Anyone else?

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said. I agree. And the bookmark's great, too.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true- Gary Wayne

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger