Monday, August 14, 2006

Took the show on the road...


Our little State School Band, we play for the entertainment of the folks that live there once a month, played at Jackson Hill Marina on beautiful Lake Sam Rayburn this weekend. We opened for the band Blue Dog. I guess we need to change our name, we don't really have a name, we joke about names, but looks like they named us. See the marquee.

Here is Larry on guitar. He got us the gig. No last names here, just in case our bosses Google us.

Runt on vocals, guitar and western street cred.















Dan-Danz smashing the skins.




You know who preaching the blues.












The music went pretty good. There were lots of dancers during our set. The good folks of southern Angelina county are just starved for rock and roll. A real nice scenic set up on the banks of the lake under a pavilion, with picnic tables, restrooms and even a small concession.

Then there was the older you will get moment. Runt pointed out to me a couple of scantly clad women dancing together during our set. He said, "look at that no one says a word. Just let me and you get out there and do that and there will be talk."
Yeah, me and this guy.









Here is a full band shot. See that big pole, none of us danced with it.









I may set up a little photo album later in the week.

Here is a link to one of Dan's photo albums with some pictures that he and Cathy made with his camera:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/96264999@N00/



I have a bunch more pictures from the TKD picnic and the Astros game yesterday I will get around to posting later in the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger