Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Catching up on the week...

Just some thoughts and activities that are flying past tonight. Must be the hot summer, the last few days are bearing down. Still a little dampish from a TKD workout, a little weed eating, bike riding and getting boats and stuff ready for the weekend.

So this last week or so I have:

Got to know a couple of taekwondo families better. One family we have been around each other for a while now, they have a kid on the drumline with Mary and both parents met when they were in the SFA band, the year after I left. Discovered we had lots of friends in common from way back there. Another family, been in Martial Arts a long time other schools shared some old TKD pictures with us.

Got cross ways over the email with an old friend over politics. He emailed and said I was playing "snizzle-dizzle" and called me a "lugnut." I might be a lugnut, but I have never played "snizzzle-dizzle." Do you think he might have been drinking? I have some political opinions, but I don't want any politicos, no matter what their views coming over to my house. I don't have a personal relationship with media figure heads so insult them, I won't be mad. Looks like I may have lost a friend. Cathy says "big deal."

Cathy's sister coming tomorrow. Her parents on Friday. Big fishing trip. Tomorrow it is the 23rd anniversary of the day I bought this house. The Great House Buying Catfish anniversary Round up. I think it will take about 20-25 fish to feed the people that will be here Friday. Hope they are biting. Stay tuned for the tub shot.

Went to Kilgore, bought books, parking sticker, new student ID, I'm ready. You should see the power point notes for the Neuro class. Looks like a Houston phone book. There will be many tears and screaming in the dark before December. Lucky I am good at that kind of thing, requires almost no effort.

TKD picnic on Saturday, I will haul my grill out, Master O will have his and we will cook a couple of hundred hamburgers and hot dogs.

Saturday evening, me and the guys play at Jackson Hill Marina. We are calling ourselves Mudbelly and the StratCats or Runt and the Raunchy Episodes or something like that. At our regular gig we are known as "The State School Band." We will be the first of two bands, beginning at 7pm. Here is the set List:
Twist and Shout G
Real Life A
My BabyÂ’s Tuff E
I AinÂ’t GivinÂ’ Up On Love A
Johnny B. Goode A
Trouble KnockinÂ’ B
Mary Had A Little Lamb E
Wipe Out A
Wine Spode Ode A
The Old Man Is Down The Road E
Satisfy Suzie / E2F E
BoppinÂ’ The Blues A
Guit Steel Blues G
Caledonia ?
Big City G
House Of The Rising Sun Am
Jambalaya C
Today I Started Loving You Again G
Folsom Prison Blues E
Your Cheating Heart C

Going to an Astros game on Sunday, all of Cathy's brother's sister, parents, our girls with Travis and Juan. We will meet at Thelma's BBQ for lunch before the game.

Looks at at least 40 hours at work next week. Working the out patient clinic, I am going to handle the tech job and the department secretary is off so I will do some of her duties also.

Did I mention sweating a little?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan Maxwell said...

Man, I'm gettin' tired just reading about all you've got going on - enjoy your youth, from my experience, all this activity becomes just too much as we get older.

I'm counting on resting up all day Saturday for the gig!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Carl said...

Just one of those weekends where everything happens at once. Some of these events have been planned by others than me for months.

I'm better when I have all systems energized.

Good chances for blog material and pictures.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger