Saturday, September 16, 2006

Bagged spinach and tuba playing...

Once again I find myself right in the middle of things. News reports are out of people killed and sickened in 22 states by e coli contaminated bagged spinach. I have eaten two bags of this stuff this week. Well one and a half. I quit eating it when the reports started coming in. Maybe I have the last good half bag of spinach in the country. Should I eat it? Maybe I should encourage blog readers to post their votes in the comment section here. I'll do what you say. Maybe.

At the Lufkin Panther pep rally on Thursday I got there just in time from a trip to Baylor Medical Center. I was dressed in my PTA class shirt, nice kakis, and clean shoes, my other other self you know. The tuba section saw me after the rally was over and I was walking from the stands and one of them hollared, "There is that hippie tuba player." Now what gave them that idea?

Last night after the game one of them ask me, "Can you play loud?" Guess what I told him. They invited me to pick up a horn at the games, but I can't do that. It would take away from a kid playing, probably the least skilled one, you know, face full of pimples and that horn might be the only rocking out he does.

Damn I am all sensitive. I hate it when that happens.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger