Saturday, September 09, 2006

Can't get that song out of my head...

On Wisconsin. You know da duh da duh, da duh da duh da da da da da...

What brings it to my mind is game day, it is used as the Lufkin High School fight song and retittled "On You Panthers." According to online sources it is "regarded as one of the finest college marching songs." by J.P. Sousa. The rights are rumored to be owned by Sir Paul McCartney or Mr. Michel Jackson, but the song is really public domain.

I actually got together with a group and played this song on tuba the other day for the first time since about 1975. Our version was recorded and I am glad I did not have to pay Sir Paul for the rights to use. As a member of a generation totally ruined by the Beatles I feel that I have given enough.

It is cloudy with a sprinkle so far today. I hope it pours for the game. Bad weather clears always clears out the tourists and gives the pros more room to operate. Makes things all around more interesting, those that appear in the face of adversity are strong in their convictions. And the conventions are that the Panthers are naturally going to whomp some ass.

To quote another fellow who had a hand in ruining this generation, the late good Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, "when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro," or something like that.

Speaking of turning pro, the Panthers, moon walking, I am the Walrus, and gonzo journalism are we ever connecting the dots today!

"Honey," I shout, "Have I had my blood pressure meds today?"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger