Sunday, September 10, 2006

Panther Pictures...

Panthers won. I took pictures of the band. Mary got on the jumbotron twice. I got on it once. I know that such fame is only fleeting, bits of digital data transferred and then deleted, but you got to raise your kids so they do not shy from such opportunities. It all goes back to that time I had the rubber shark in in New Orleans at Mardi Gras. It's about living in the moment and acting, not re-acting.

Drumline sectional before the game out side the band hall.





Cymbals up close. Even though it is East Texas, they wear shoes to march.












Clang! I think it was the crown that got Mary on the jumbotron,
I think it was the Panther Hat, the story of which is detailed a few blogs back that got me on.










High school football is a sight to behold.











I have been all about connections lately. So here is Lufkin band director Mr. Williams waving a creation of mine that Mary took to the game. It's a forked stick with noisemakers strung between the forks to make a tribal ethnic percussion instrument. It's painted in Lufkin colors. I have played these instruments in New Orleans many times so it makes a connection for the high school band, New Orleans and the rubber shark.
Mr. Williams does not know where this thing came from or who made it at this point. Something primal inside him detects the Congo Square/New Orleans influences and rubber sharks. It makes him want to shake his booty and he does not know why.

It's just all about that thing that sits next to us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan Maxwell said...

I looked for you in KTRE's coverage, but didn't see you - I just know the hat will get you on there one day!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger