Thursday, January 11, 2007

Chicago bound...

Looks like Katie and Travis are in for a move to Chicago. Travis has been there this week and was hired, I think a nursery manager position. That's a nursery with plants, not children. This is the kind of work he knows, it is what he does, so I think this amounts to a move up for him. Maybe Katie will post in with more details.

I think Katie will be able to work for the same people she works for now, it's a computer thing, does not matter where you are as long as you can answer a phone or be online.

So I think this amounts to the fulfillment of a dream for Katie. When she was a little kid she always said she wanted to move to Chicago. she waddled around here as a little fat baby grunting "Chiii, Chiii, Chiii." I did not know what she meant. There as speech became more well developed she said, Go Cargo, go Cargo...," and as a harried parent of 4 with blood in one eye and excretment in the other I never was able to take the time to interpret what it was she said. Then finely as she became more articulate she batted long brown eye lashes made lush by an exclusive diet of carrots and said, "I want to move to Chicago."

Thus understood, I asked, "Why?" She said, "Because it snows there."

See, the kids grew up thinking me a bad old dad because we did not live where it snowed. Due to a picture made on Raton Street in about 1960 of their mother in a baby carriage with a rare snow fall covering the coastal plain the kids cursed me each winter because I would not move them to Houston where it snowed. They had proof in the picture that it snowed in Houston but they were doomed to live in tropical Lufkin.

Until now. Katie and Travis are moving north. I cane across the noun the other day in some reading, "snowpants." Sounds uncomfortable, but maybe they will get a pair each.

Good luck to them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Dad! Yes it is definitely a move up for Travis and I might be able to find a better job too...who knows! I think I'm coming to see you guys this weekend what with your big b-day dinner and all.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is having a birthday?

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger