Monday, June 25, 2007

I'm Back...

Back from the tournament. Let me give just a quick update of the action because I am headed to work. I have a new camera, a Father's day give and I made over 200 pictures and videos with it. I think it has more storage than this computer. I'll get the pictures up as the week progresses.

Mary's drive to the championship ended on Friday, she won one fight and lost one. Top Ten is a bit of a let down seems after all the fun that has been had all year long at the many tournaments it takes to get there. Hard to boil it down to just one ring. We are very proud of her. The top girls moved into the adult class, they were actually 17 so maybe this will be Mary's year. She got right back into the thick of the standings with a 1st place on Saturday in sparring to begin the new tournament year.

Morgan took a second sparring. He was one of the smallest guys in his ring. One kid looked close to 7 feet tall and the 1st place winner that Mo lost to was not much shorter. Great action in that ring. First sparring for Mo since the shoulder surgery. He will be in the hunt for a championship also if he keeps sparring like he did yesterday.

And then guess what. I placed 2nd sparring myself. Fist time I have ever placed at Worlds. Won two fights and lost one.My forms score was 6 for feet, 5 from the center judge and 6 on hands. Not good enough to place, my usual there. The sparring win at a World event gives me 9 points on the tournament trail. Look for me sparring at the Allen tournament in August. I'm in the top 10 for now, see if I can stay there.

Pictures later. It's turning into a really good summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger