Thursday, August 02, 2007

It's so hard...

And then they make fun of you. Seems that is the way life goes. For tuba players anyway. Here is a link my daughter Katherine sent, you would think family would have some mercy on you, it's a tuba player joke. A take off on a popular video game:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/activision_reports_sluggish_sales?utm_source=onion_rss_daily

Actually I have been considering a resurgence of my tuba career. At the recent Alumni concert I played I met the local community band director. He invited me to begin playing in the fall at Angelina College. Rehearsals on Tuesday nights. I'd miss one a month because of another gig, but they say that's OK.

I have not really made a decision on this, don't know if I really want to put the time in it, but on the other hand I would like to keep my tuba skills sharp. I was a pretty good tuba player at one time, now I just kind of keep sharp enough for the occasional gig on tuba. Id like to take a lot of the gigging experience I have on guitar and mesh it with the music reading experience I have on tuba. We listen to a lot of music that has tuba in it, the Balkan and New Orleans stuff. I have ideas.

Here's a picture, it has appeared here on these pages before of me early in my tuba career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger