Friday, September 28, 2007

The Same Old Background...

I knew a guy one time who claimed that people who worked in drug store photo shops had a nice little sideline going. Whenever a scenic shot came in with someones vacation pictures they developed themselves a copy and sold it to a postcard company who then printed up the cards and you could find them on the rack in souvenir shops wherever fine vacationing is to be found. He claimed that he had seen photos that he knew he had made himself for sale.
I guess these days folks that want to have a sideline like that must be pretty busy with all the photos posted on the net to pick and steal from.
But just imagine if you could sit in the same spot all day at some famous junction and watch each eager tourist walk up and snap their shot,the same shot over and over all day long. It might look like this.
Cathy, Rose and Katie, about 1989 or 90 in front of St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square New Orleans, Louisiana. Mary is not born yet, I don't know where Morgan is, at home with a baby sitter, wandering Bourbon St, who knows, but looks like a good time for all.







Next up we have a couple more tourist from just a few weeks ago. You would think that railing would be worn out from all the butts that have leaned up against it making pictures in the 17 or 18 years since the last picture was made. Very few pictures appear on these pages that were not made by me so thanks to a passerby who helped us out.
Speaking of passerby, look who is getting in on the photo op now. This picture not by me either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger