Monday, April 07, 2008

Catfish!...


First you start with some wild red horse shiners caught in a cast net at the boat ramp.



Then you bait your floating noodles with them and start yanking in the catfish.










Here's Cathy with Mr. Big for the day, 11lbs.













Final total 12 catfish that weighed 35lbs all together.

The biggest 4 went 11, 7, 5 and 3lbs respectively. All fish caught on the floating noodles between 11am and 2pm in about 3 to 7ft of water.


Made about 13lbs of fillets in the freezer, soon to be swimming in a belly near you.


Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's quite an amazing number. I envy you guys, fishing for food sounds like fun.

Though not strictly relying on fishing for food.

Peace.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger