Wednesday, March 26, 2008

White Frog...

Here's an albino frog perched on the wall beside the front door. Maybe not really a frog, a toad most likely and with the coming of spring thousands will be greeting the new warmth with voices raised in unison. From the racket they make you would think I'd be mashing multitudes with a single advancement of each number 12.

I don't know if this is a particular kind of toad, maybe always white, but it is the first one like it I have seen. Most of the rest are colored and shaped like piles of small dog poop which I do sometimes mash with the advancement of each number 12.

Some get all excited about a perceived disappearance of frogs and toads or the seeming mutation which could be taken as a harbinger of end times for environmental reasons(Google is your friend) better stated elsewhere. I think frogs don't like to be around people, so people think there are no frogs and some frogs are like people in the way that they are just different from anything you have met before. Maybe this one was dropped off by an alien. They do things like that around here you know. And if you are wondering, no he's not swimming in my belly.

This frog does bring to mind a song that sometimes gets sung around here, it's sung after all other songs get sung. It usually starts with the statement "Blue Squirrel." This statement is repeated over and over Blue squirrel, blue squirrel, blue squirrel, blue squirrel, blue squirrel...to the tune of a root dominant 5th chord progression frantically franged on as many acoustic guitars that can be gathered in a circle. After the blue squirrel verse finishes, with the cowboy cords beating like drums another person is selected, bullied,pointed to and he/she blurts out a statement somehow connected to an animal like maybe "dog Puke" and the verse starts over, dog puke,dog puke, dog puke, dog puke...well you can repeat as many times as necessary there alone in front of your computer monitor to get the idea. Game usually ends when a bullied person says "I don't want to sing one" and then the last verse is I don't want to sing one, I don't want to sing one, I don't want to sing one... I used to be real good at this game, but I quit drinking. Made me like an athlete that got out of shape or something, I just could not compete anymore.

So to make a long story short, white frog, white frog, white frog, white frog...
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger