Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Got My Mojo Working...

Mojo is a word commonly (more common in some circles than others I suppose) used to mean a magic charm. Here is a mojo sitting on my old Bassman amp. Katie bought it at the Austin city wide garage sale which is held once a month in the new convention center at Auditorium Shores. Thanks Katie. She always picks up some good stuff at this sale and I know it's a great effort. She must get up real early to beat the big city dog eat dog thing that goes on at events like these.

Anyway that's about a 30 year old Fender amp. I have owned it 25 of those years or so, best I remember. It's got some mojo alright and any time I have a chance to add some more as in the case of this small skull I do. It helps with your tone. Recently loading in and out at the monthly gig there had been a little plumbing work going on, (not what you think, no poop involved) and the ground where lines had been laid had the grass scared away to reveal good old East Texas red dirt. I took this chance to let this old Bassman gather some mojo by sitting in the raw red dirt while I was loading/unloading other stuff. The guy in the band with a brand new amp just did not get it when I tried to explain it to him.

You know there is also a special mojo smoke sealed in these old tube amps. A couple of times I have accidentally let the special mojo smoke out of this amp. I am lucky though, there is a music store in town that will put the mojo smoke back in. They charge about $200 for this service. Slow work, takes them about a month to complete this chore.

My mojo works. It's all about the tone. If you got good tone, you can make it.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome Dad!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger