Monday, February 09, 2009

More Art...

I'll continue with the art thing I started a couple of posts back, this time I'll pick up the game a little.

Here is a painting by a friend of Margaret and Kevin's, a gift they made to us because, well you should know by now fish is a big thing around here. Feel bad, I can't remember his name and we have another folk art looking piece by him on the way. I would look at the name but I used those big old nails like you get at Lowe's to hang this picture above the piano.


Here is a piece by Miguel, a gift to Cathy for Christmas. A Holy Spirit Dove, I don't know why it has no eye. I can only speculate on a complex second or third sight type philosophy, what I can't see I know. May be the eye was forgotten, he cannot draw one or may be it means we should just travel by the Force, whatever that may represent in you scheme of beliefs.

The Taj Mahal, by Cathy's grandfather Langdon. A work in pastel, sorry about the camera flash.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Art Dad. May I request the art work of Mary's new do?

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger