Monday, March 16, 2009

Billy Bob...

Last night we saw Billy Bob Thornton and the Boxmasters at the Wild Horse Saloon right here and little old Lufkin Texas.
Pretty good set of old style Western music, great musicians, kind of a warn up show for their gig Wed. in Austin at SXSW.
What do you mean you haven't seen Bad Santa?
I enjoyed the show. They pretty much got up there and just cranked the tunes out. Billy Bob did not act, he just sang and turns out he's a drummer. We have one of his cds, seemed the songs were a little hopped up live, more so than on the cd. Good words, I think you kind of got to get into that to really enjoy. Worth keeping an eye on, kind of like a bad car wreck, hard to turn away. More pictures of the band later.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger