Sunday, March 01, 2009

Sky Pictures...

What a weekend, very busy. I did not have my camera with me so I'll narrate it with some sky and field pictures Cathy made last week around the house that I think are pretty good.

Friday night I played harp with the Stone Wall Rockers for the Pink Pearl Pajama Party Benefit for the American Cancer Society. Next Stone Wall gig is a road trip to Longview on March 13th.


Saturday was the Humble Texas Taekwondo tournament. Got up at 4:30am to drive there. Mary placed 1st sparring, Morgan placed second in all categories, form, sparring and weapon, I placed second in form, third in sparring. Not bad for me considering the amount of time I have spent training lately. Most of the time I am teaching white, orange and yellow belts on Monday and Wednesday. I drill the fundementals, but not getting the cardio workout I need to really be competitive. On top of the competition I judged in several rings including a ring of tiny tigers which are 5 year olds. That was a first. I usually don't do tigers. I also forgot my camera which is why there are no TKD pictures, first time in nine years I have not taken a camera to a tournament.

But as life goes on with all this fun there is sadness. A guy I used to work with at the mill passed this weekend. Bob was an old biker dude and some times, back in the day when my hair was long people got us mixed up. They would ask me how the bike was or they would tell him how much they like what he played at church Sunday. He lived a few miles from here and when our kids were little they often played together. I'll keep his family in my prayers.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger