Sunday, March 08, 2009

Fishing With Pop and Geneva...

There pictures are from yesterdays trip. Mary scored first with an unusual catch. She hung a rod and reel and pulled it up. This is in one of the river edge places we have caught a lot of fish at through the winter except with the south wind we are on the opposite side of the stump than usual. Stopped up with sand a little lavage with the water hose and a good soaking with Liquid Wrench (gratuitous product placement) and it casts just fine. Line is a bit tangled so some of my favorite brand (Cajun Line) and it should work well and be soon pressed into service. Reel was a Shakespeare spin cast, heavy duty, we have several like this that have held up well to the rigors of cat fishing.

Pop really pulled his share on the way to 23 keepers. Note Geneva's foot in the back ground. She wore hair protection for her new perm and I saw no reason to picture that apparatus here and possible embarrass my favorite mother in law unless she caught a real big catfish or lost her trousers in the lake or something like that.







Conditions were choppy and water levels low. Here's Captain Carl at the command center.

A disturbing development on the swimming in our bellies department is that I have been sneezing my head off while cooking fish lately. Started at the last big fish fry.Last night I had a frying skillet going, a blackened fish skillet and a pot boiling some gulf shrimp provided by Pop and Geneva. Lots of smoking spices. The sneezing stopped after I finished eating. Maybe next time I won't blacken fish to see how it goes, a science experiment, take away an event and see if the results are the same.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger