Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mary Studies...

Sneaked this photo of Mary studying for a test the other night. She is taking a nurse aide course at the local JC. Her clinical rotation will be at a local nursing home/rehab facility where some of my patients go on discharge from the hospital. Should I help out here? Maybe give Mary some tips or tell the patients to watch out for her? Hard to decide whose side to be on, might have to go with the patients on this one.

Anyway seeing her study brought back some memories from my days at school. I just renewed my licence, already been two years since I graduated. As I reminisced back and and she studied I thought about some of those blogs I wrote about night screaming. There were folks who got a real kick out of that. They thought I was being funny. I don't think they knew it was real. I was scared. After my job layoff I was close to being nothing.

I haven't had to write about night screaming in a long time.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Carl... Your blog made it all the way to Nashville Tennessee.... I'm up at a wedding and i am showing my son your page.. He thinks it's pretty cool.. Tell Cathy I'm having a good time and I will see her next Wed. nite..And yes my son used to have night screams and I also had a co worker that screamed at night when we went to a seminar.. Not too damn funny when the person forgets to forewarn you !! Oh and by the way thank you for the fish fry.. It was good food and good fun...Roxane

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Big Router said...

You may have taken the blog through Nashville sooner than you think.

Whenever a hospital computer looks at the blog it routes through Nashville.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger