Thursday, June 11, 2009

Size Does Matter...

At least that's what these two old boys who were recently sighted driving down Timberland Dr. cuddled up in the cab of a skinned up Chevy think.

Chevys may not be around too many more years, at least in the form we know know them, although I am sure there will be some favored brand that survives to be skinned on the back roads and hog trails in these parts. One thing I am sure will be around is the relationship between men that to judge from popular movies is becoming more and more common, the bromance.

To define bromance, it's the complicated relationship of love and affection shared by two straight males. Now the movies would have you to think this is a pretty new thing, but us artsy types that hang out on blogs and in other similar locations know that art precedes print, music and movies in being a front runner of social change by a long shot. In fact I bet bromances have been depicted in art for two or three hundred years at least. I just can't think of any right now. Maybe I'll call Miguel, he might know some.

Meanwhile there is the school of thought out there that has been put forth that I will get skinned myself one day for making pictures of bromances. I did say bromances were complicated.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger