Sunday, June 07, 2009

My Dad's Birthday...


Today is my dad's birthday. I'll remember him with this old photo, must be from the early to mid 50s, before my birth.
That's him on your right and I think maybe it's his dad leaning on the sign and one of his brothers on the left with back turned. Looks like a little family outing to the Indian Reservation. This photo might might make an interesting study of cross generational dress. Note hats, caps, long sleeves, short sleeves, bright colors vs plain and what appears to be a suit. Maybe the next time I am together with my children I will stage a picture like this, might not can pull it off, they all know that any activity may appear misrepresented here on the blog.
I wish I had that shirt of my dad's to wear for upcoming summer fun. I will also be glad when it's funky and cool to wear your trousers pulled up high like that once more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger