Thursday, August 26, 2021

My Friends Have Super Powers or So It Seems...

My youngest daughter, Mary, told me once that she thought all my friends were super heroes. It's because they had what she, as a small child thought were super hero names. In this photo you see me and two of them Gary Strong and Darwin Mann. Mary thought those names had to be describing some kind of powers they possessed.

Gary is long gone now but I think his super power was bending time which we know as a sequence of events at measured intervals into his own application which he called "Yoder Time in Hootersville." I think maybe this photo of me, Gary and Darwin was taken right before Yoder Time in Hootersville kicked in. I don't participate in Yoder Time in Hootersville anymore. Too, powerful, unpredictable and you never know where you will end up. 

I still hear from my old friend Darwin. We send each other big fish pictures by email or text. I think his super power is remembering what I said. For example Darwin will say "remember that time we were on the cliff fixing to jump down into the river and you said..."

He will then go on to relate some deep space existential, quasi-religious, philosophical manifesto that I declared on the spot of this river cliff that he has been remembering and pondering and possibly using as his spiritual guide for years now. I tell him, "Heck Darwin, I don't even remember jumping in the river."  

Recently I introduced Mary to my old buddy U.S. Tico aka Donnie Mohonnie. Mary said, "See, there's another one."   


  



 

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Gary said...

I'm not sure that that's Gary. Looks a lot like Raymond to me.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Carl said...

That will be another blog post. It's layers of an onion to peel back

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger