Wednesday, February 17, 2010

So You Think Musicians Are So Cool...

My gear packed up in the back the back of the car after last night's Mardi Gras dance at the Lufkin State Supported Living Center. Bought that hat at the Jazz Fest one time in New Orleans, those beads on there were caught off parade floats in the late 80s, old string beads, coming apart from rot and breaking while I played last night.

So for all you couch players thinking this is so cool, if you count these monthly dances and the church gigs each week, plus funerals and weddings that's 64 plus set ups and take downs a year. Might be more prep time than play time. Also keep in mind we were missing our flute section last night. He had to babysit his sisters and study for a physics test. This really is science when life don't get in the way.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger