Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Wekend Duck Hunt...

27 degrees Saturday morning for the traditional Thanksgiving weekend duck hunt. This hunt took place on Lake Belton, near Temple where Morgan now lives. Juan sits at the edge of the water with a bit of thin ice ringing the shoreline as fog rises from water warmer than the air. No one tried to warm up by taking a dip.







There some birds flying but none liked us. I think maybe these two bad hombres scared them away.
















Juan breaks the wind in the front of the boat on a scout around cruise after the morning hunt. Lots of good high scenic canyon walls around this lake. Where we hunted was called Owl Creek, pretty much a muddy little shallow tributary that could have
been on any east Texas lake.







Juan pulls the camo netting from the boat. I think putting the camo net on the boat is my favorite part of the hunt.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger