Sunday, January 30, 2011

Banjo Photos...


If you recall there is a post from December with photos of a "Banjo Boys" jam session. Today I'll document the finishing touches on the tenor banjo collection donated to me by Pop. Left to right the first two banjos, a B&D Supper dated to 1925 a fine collectible instrument and a Ludwig, not as fine but certainly a beauty. The third banjo as posted before needed a little Elmer's glue to be brought into playing shape. Not as nice a voice as the others it does have it's merits and looks to be a banjo assembled from a kit. As far as sound goes as I spend time playing all three I find that I like each for different reason and think that as long as I keep my new Snark clip on the headstock tuner handy all are gigable.






Close up, plain head stock and fret board. Some of the screws look to be from a hardware store. Head shows playing wear, don't know much about the heads if original or not. All three look to have replacement bridges.

Did I mention other merits. The back of the kit banjo is bar stool quality wood. I took it off, nothing notable inside so I but in an Obama for President sticker. Let future banjo restorers figure that one out.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger