Wednesday, June 13, 2012

More Family...




Posted by PicasaI Copied some photos from my Mother's albums to remember my Grandma Wiley who passed away on this day in 1970 at age 85. As a child Bonanza was a big TV show. In my play I always imagined Grandma to be Little Joe while I was Hoss. I was a pretty big Hoss in 1970 and I guess I am still kind of a Hoss. If I play my cards right at work and arrive at a patient room at a certain time in the afternoon I sometimes get to watch a little bit of Bonanza as Hoss and Little Joe ride through an endless cycle of reruns just like the days when play seemed forever. 

First photo dates from 1901 on the day when Ethel Janet Ledbetter married Caleb Lester Wiley. "Pinkie" as she was know to the Ledbetters was 16 years old. The house is a forgotten location in the hills of Tennessee.   Second photo may also be from that day and is surely from her 16th year.

Last photo is from their 50th wedding anniversary  in 1951. Grandpa Wiley passed that year. It was before my time and I never knew him. Any family that wishes to post in with some remembrances or corrections is welcome. Let's keep family alive. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger