Friday, August 03, 2012

I Am Not Always at the Lake...





As some may think. Sometimes I'm on the river, the Chicago River where on a recent visit to Katie and Peter I had the opportunity of a brilliant sunny day to make pictures of boats till my little heart was content. 

No, that's not me floating the river in the second picture. It's not Cathy either. It's just city people cooling it on a hot afternoon. At least I hope the river is cool. The tour guide on the boat I was in mentioned the progress made cleaning up the river. It's status has been elevated in just a few decades from "toxic" to merely "polluted." Help my memory, I did not research this, only relying on my own experience, that's what bloggers do but I think it was Nixon that signed the Clean Air and Water into law. Thanks Dick. It was about time because the Chicago fire of 1871 as our tour guide told us spread to the other side of the river by burning across the thick floating layer of garbage. Hundreds of lives lost. One of those things that kind of makes me in favor of regulation. The fire did spawn economic development a the city rebuilt despite of stringent building codes enacted to prevent a Fire II. I can think of lives lost, ruined made more difficult with a lack of protection today. 

Bet you think I just think about fishing when I am on the water.     Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger