Thursday, March 07, 2013

Always Get Requests For That Song...

When I was writing in a blog post earlier this week about the jams played this past weekend I forgot we played Tchaikovskys' 1812 Overture again.  Everyone always likes that song and we get so many requests that we are playing it nearly every gig. Cathy does a great job on the melody.

I have never seen so many come out with their hands up in the air after the last note is played. People just seem to surrender to the thunderous beauty of those famous notes. The quiet and respect of the audience is unbelievable. It's like they were hiding in a bunker, giving the musicians all the range they required to hit the targets of pitch and tempo. 

Hope more can come to our next performance. We aim to play this Overture at as many as possible.     Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger