Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Old Wiley Family Family Photo...

This is a photo of my mother's grandfather Caleb Thomas Wiley and family. Caleb lived 1835-1907 born in Perry and died in Obion Tennessee. Only people I can identify in the photo besides Caleb who is the seated bearded gentleman, is the seated woman Rebecca who was his second wife, the standing man who his son John by his first wife Catherine Denton and the boy standing by Caleb who we think is John's son Caleb. My mother's father, my grandfather, also Caleb is not in the photo. I don't have a date for this photo but I do know that my grand father Caleb was born in 1879 and if the young man is his brother John he was also a grown man at this time listed as 21 years old and a member of his father's 1900 U.S census. In the next year 1901 he would marry my mother's mother Ethel Janet Ledbetter or Pinkie as she is known. 

If you think this is confusing and there are too many Calebs you should start researching the Ledetter side and all the Henrys. Try keeping them straight. 

My mother has what I think is the original of this photo. I found this photo posted on line by (I assume it's a man hard to tell this kind of thing in an email correspondence) a person that is the great grand child of Caleb and first wife Catherine. They got the photo from a member of the Bawcum family who is related to the first wife Rebecca. I think it is interesting that this photo got around to the various family memebers and ended up on the internet all these years later. 

In the 1870 U.S. census Caleb Wiley is listed as a farmer with an estate valued at $200.   

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger