Sunday, October 20, 2013

Killed My First Deer...

I know it seems kind of remiss for this born and raised East Texan to never have accomplished such a feat but I managed to open deer season last night using my trusty Toyoda Scion to bring down the most sought after of Texas game animals. 

I was outside Groveton on my way back from the Stonewall Studio October Jam Fest which is a benefit with proceeds going for purchase of Thanksgiving Dinner for MD Anderson Children's Cancer Center when I notice the approaching car slowing down. I slowed and saw what must have been one of several deer crossing in front of that car. As we almost passed a final deer dashed between us and I did a number on him. Lucky I slowed. It was still unlucky for the deer. From the photo you can note the splatters on my car.

At this point damage seems minimal. A small dent at the edge of the hood. I think I can straighten it.  A quick internet search shows that I can get an unpainted grill for about $40 plus shipping. 

I stopped at the first car wash I saw when I entered Lufkin. I regret I was not able to patronize my favorite wash owned by my friend GW in Garrison, Tx. In a shameless plug for the local business man, even if I could not Stop at The Dog Gone Car wash, you still can.      Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger