Monday, February 24, 2014

Live Music New Orleans...

Frenchmen Street is where all the hot local music plays these days in New Orleans. This street is an easy walk outside the Quarter and the music tumbles out of almost every door with the bands changing every couple of hours into the late Louisiana evenings. There are still some good bands and touring shows to be seen uptown at Tip's, the Maple Leaf and Rock and Bowl but Frenchman Street is pretty easy especially if you are staying in the Marigny.

This is a show I was excited about and was the best I saw. It's the Tin Men so called because the instruments are tuba, Washboard and resonator guitar. I now have two of their cds and like it a lot.  
And here is what they sound like:




Another guy I am following is Luke Winslow King. I saw them at the Three Muses on Frenchman Street. Did not see the whole show as it would have been a good idea to come early, snag a table for dinner and sit for the whole show instead of standing three deep at the bar. You live and learn and the Three Muses is a small quiet venue worth a more worthy evening than I could give it. 
Here is another youtube:


I support cool music. If you don't know what's cool, call me. 


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger