Friday, February 28, 2014

Parades Be Rolling...

If you wondered what to do this weekend it's not too late to head down to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. Of course there are problems that can occur on a short notice trip to the big easy. I am kind of an expert on this but as rockabilly singer Ronnie Self said in his 1957 recording of "Aint I'm a Dog" "forget about the danger, think of the fun." 

We all wen  to New Orleans a couple of weekends ago for some early Mardi Gras fun. Parades were rolling but they were walking parades and the floats were of a satirical nature featuring local, nation and global issues that need to be made fun of, exposed for their foolishness and are just down right stupid. Great entertainment but they did not throw many beads as the big motorized floats this weekend will.  There was a lot of shall we call it adult themes involved in the float construction and on a family page such as this we won't post those but I can come over to your house and show you the etchings I made of them.  

Her's some Mardi Gras photos I made of the parades and the family. See if you can pick out the relatives from the innocent bystanders. 
Throw me something mister! 
Parade theme











As you can see Warren and Coraline survived their first Mardi Gras. I survived another one. There will be more. 


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger