Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I Meet People All the Time...

I meet people all the time. Sometimes they act kind of crazy. Maybe they think the same thing about me. Either way I have a theory that there is a sign on each of our heads that only crazy people can see and sometimes my sign is lit and sometimes Cathy's sign is lit and it says "crazy people talk to me." If one person's sign is lit it makes the other person invisible to the crazy person or something like that. For some reason these crazy people I met recently in New Orleans had an aura around them that kept me from making the best picture. I did get photos but just maybe I was too busy talking to the crazys and forgot to properly document the encounter. 
This one was a good one. It's the guy in the red coat. I should have posed with him but it was somehow better to sneak a shot. This guy seemed to have a job of work in a junk shop we visited. It was 9 in the morning. He had a full glass that looked and smelled like bourbon. He invited us to a party that night. He gave good directions. Just go down the street, house with the boat in the backyard. Being he had a glass of bourbon at about the same time I was having my breakfast I felt like asking if he was going to be there. A night time party just seemed like a long way off for a man with an AM full glass of bourbon. 
One night on Frenchman Street me and Cathy sat hidden behind a street lamp pole when this rig drifted to a stop in front of us. The pole seemed to have prevented us from getting the best photo. The boat was full of bright shiny people grooving to the bongo player sitting in the back. Another guy that looked like Tom Waits on a bad day came and stood at the back of the boat but never really interacted with anyone but himself. Bongo guy dismounts and finds a bottle, never opened, of an STP type gas treatment solution like you put in your tank when you fill. It was laying in the gutter.
Bongo guy looks at us and says "you guys got a car?" And offers the bottle.
Since it seems we are all living in the now and we have a car, not with us but parked several blocks away I say "no, but that stuff will work in a boat." 
Bongo guy says "This boat don't have a motor." 
  

He was right. It had kind of a dolly that made it real easy for one person to pull. 


Couple days later we saw same boat, same people plus some in a parade. 

I must admire how much attention they paid to boat rules and regs. Boat was properly registered and everything. I don't now what happened to the gas treatment stuff. 




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger