Friday, April 11, 2014

I Think This is Guitar #33...

I skipped a photo for #32 because it's a custom build and the owner has not seen it yet. Don't want to spoil the surprise but here as near as I can figure is #33. I have built and sold a guitar from this same box before. It's a good sounding wood back box. 
\
Look at the photos closely. The top is a bit scratched, probably from the stacking of cigar boxes. I don't know if I did it or it came from the store this way. I usually get $75 for a guitar like this with the box corners and all but since it's less than perfect I'll take $60. 

It's a goldy. All hardware except jack to plug to you amp is gold.  

Note the scratched surface. Does not effect play-ability. It is tuned to an open E chord for slide playing. Hand falls easily with no fret marks to correct playing positions. Speaking of fret markers I got a good idea for marking frets, will be easy to do after finishing so I might go back and do it. My endorser, tenor banjo player Bill Cooney gave me some Mother of Pearl so look for it incorporated into future builds.  . 

It's electric and sounds good acoustic or electric. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger