Monday, May 26, 2014

Baseball...

The Sugarland Skeeters played the Long Island Ducks last Friday night and we got a group together to attend the game. The Skeeters lost but it was not because I saw anybody digging in a crawfish hole in the outfield or anything. Decent baseball and a heck of a lot cheaper that seeing the big boys play the Skeeters are in the independent Atlantic coast League and are the first independent team in Houston since the Houston Buffalos' last season in 1961. The Skeeters first season was in 2012. 

Here's a crew of Skeeters fans. Left to right top row John, Megan, Caitlyn, Mary, Cathy, bottom row Warren, Ali, Morgan, Rose and Coraline. 

The Skeeters had pink sleeves and there was a lot of pink in the stands because it was some kind of cancer awareness day. I did not have own pink. If I had know about it I think I would have had to buy some. I do't have any pink clothing. 
One great thing about minor league games is little fan involvement games that are played between innings. Here you see two fans linked by a bungee having some kind of race. This gives me an idea. I think I have everything to do this in the gym at work. It would be a good strengthening activity for my patients. 
After the game there were fireworks. 

Probably should have bought a Skeeters T-shirt. Have you ever done that? Go somewhere and see something you like but pass on buying it. I do it all the time. I really hate the time I passed on the bamboo saxophone in New Orleans. That would have been so much fun. I guess that kind of thing has it's roots in being only one generation removed from the cotton fields and the Great Depression.   


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger