Sunday, November 09, 2014

Honor America Night With Lufkin Bands...

That's Lufkin Marching Bands that is. Had a nice evening with Cathy, Mary, Miguel, Morgan and Ali watching the Lufkin bands, middle school through high school perform their annual program to honor veterans. Morgan, Mary, Miguel and Katie all marched in this program through their band years.  It was my first time to watch the band march since Mary graduated and being an old Panther band alumni myself it was really a treat.

The band is big, loud, has good low brass and the ground trembles when it marches. 

                        They won 1st place at the military marching contest                                                         this year. 



Of course I made photos of the tubas. I'll add them to my facebook photos of tuba players album. Seemed a lot of the marches, of which some were things I played in high school played to the strength of the low brass. I like that in a band. 

If you are a parent and want your kid doing an activity pick band. You and the kid will never regret it. Of course the kid might end up like me playing three string cigar box guitars and looking for drum and tuba Christmas gigs but then again it usually turns out better.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger