Tuesday, April 07, 2015

So You Like All Kinds of Music...

While in New Orleans we saw Moon Hooch. The name of this band suggests there might be a comfortable place to stay if you visit the moon. Not hardly. 
Moon Hooch are from Brooklyn and as you might suspect they have been to music school, The New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music and got their start busking New York subways.  Their first album peaked at #9 on the Billboard jazz charts. I wish I could have asked them if the money for #9 on the jazz charts the same as #9 on the pop charts. 

Judging from some stuff I read about them on the internet they have a bit of that good old do it yourself make it up as you go along thing using old horns and equipment. I note that somehow they are running those saxes through Fender amps. Sometimes I run my tuba through a Fender amp. One thing is for sure, there is lots of fancy music stuff in the world, most of which I do not know what it does but a good instrument stand will sure make your life easier. 


Sometimes I have big fish frys and we strum around on acoustic guitars and play recordings of Hank Williams, polka music, maybe some dixieland and the Beatles. Everybody has a good time. After they are gone and I have washed all the dishes and it's late in the night I put on stuff like Moon Hooch and lay on my back in the grass and look at the stars.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger