Saturday, May 16, 2015

Remembering My Cousin Billy Wayne...

My cousin Bill Wiley or Billy Wayne as we called him passed away yesterday at age 74. His funeral service will be Tuesday in Osceola, Arkansas. I know a lot of my cousins are are sad and I am sad also but I do have Billy Wayne's visit to Texas last summer as a good fresh remembrance and I am glad of that time we spent together.   

Here are a bunch of those Wiley cousins. From the left is Billy Wayne's sister Mary Lou, me, in front is Betty Sue, my mom, Billy and Dixie. 

More cousins at a fish fry at my house, Justin, Billy Wayne, Glenn, Morgan and Cathy. 


Thanks to Billy Wayne's sister Mary Lou and husband Mike I have a trove of pictures of Billy Wayne. Here is some old ones. 
11th Grade Wilson, Arkansas High School

He was a Razorback. Second year University of Arkansas. Back in the old days the only frivolous long distance phone call we ever got to make was to talk trash when the Hogs played the Horns.  
Scouts. 

With his mom Winnie Lou and dad Gilbert.

With sister Mary Lou. 

He was an old south Tabasco sweet tea kind of guy. 


Billy Wayne was preceded in death by his wife Sara. Of the nearly three thousand Wiley photos I have I could not find a real great photo of them together. It might be in there somewhere and I can add it later. Hope these fond remembrances and photos give some comfort to his kids Janet and Steven and the rest of the family.  



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger