Saturday, October 17, 2015

Two Man (or Woman) Bands are Cool...

Still catching up on photos of Riot Fest adventures and I thought I would document some of the bands we saw that just had two people in them. Now I know you classic rock dudes think the power trio is so cool and I think it is also but that old conventional wisdom that you gotta have bass, guitar and drums to be taken seriously is a bit out the window these days. I have been holding up pretty well in a cigar box guitar and banjo duo lately but let's get down in the mosh pit with some screaming power chords. 

I don't know if I can recall all the names of these bands but most were local to the Chicago area with a few of them being Canadians from across the lake. 

This is a band I can't remeber the name. A, girl on a Rickenbacker guitar and a guy on drums.  Don't forget the good hair. It was the Byrds that said "if your hair swing right and your pants too tight you gonna be alright..." 



Drummer steals the show. They will do that to ya. 

This band was called Indian Handcrafts. Canadians. Fender guitars, screaming, panting drummers, lots of E, G and A chords what more is there? 


This is Skating Polly. I guess they are old enough to get their pictures on this blog. Two girls, boy scouts, switching instruments, occasionally a bit out of tune and I liked them better than most bands I saw. 








Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this band! Raw intensity in spades!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger