Saturday, September 26, 2015

I Am Ready for the Craft Fair...

I felt like I needed to whip out one more cigar box guitar so I have plenty of examples of my work to display at next Saturday's Gift and Craft Fair which will be held at St. Patrick's Catholic Church. Next guitars I build will be orders I have recently taken. I sold one guitar  yesterday that had been hanging on display at Sound Techs Music Store.  Thanks to Bill and the guys down there from letting me have a space on their wall. 


This box was sent to me by Katie from Chicago. She sent several like this. Seems like most of the boxes I have gathered have gold highlights that seem to call for gold hardware. I used chrome tuners, antique sound holes and  chrome/antique box corners on this one. Comes together quite well and goes to show we don't need no stinking rules or color scheme for cigar box guitars. 


It's electric with a single piezo pickup. Top string is a bit twangy. Electric sound is dirty and if you play real hard the twang is not noticed. It's a blues machine for sure. I usually sell this kind of guitar for $75. Due to the twang and the mismatched colors I will be open to any fair offers. 


It got a bit warm in my workshop by 2pm when I was finishing this instrument. I should get things back up to speed with the cooler temps expected next week and I have a new order for plenty of gold tuners on the way. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger