Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Great Success Selling Cigar Box Guitars...

Last Saturday's Gift and Craft fair at St. Patrick's Catholic Church was a great success for me. It was also a success for many of the vendors. I had a good time with help in the booth from my celebrity endorser Bill Cooney and a bunch of people, adults, kids, young and old who hung out all day strumming guitars and best of all I sold guitars.  
This is the load of guitars and percussion I took to sell. There were several nice instruments, some truly funky stuff, some stuff I had sitting around that I blew out for any reasonable offer and a bunch of one string jobs that proved to be popular with the kids. 

The booth set up at the beginning of the day. 

This is the end of the day. Lots of stuff gone and pretty messy from a full day of jamming with who ever came along. 

One of the jammers. She played all day, a lefty who just turned the guitar over and whaled to her hearts content. 

My rig. A two watt home made amp powered by a 9 volt battery, my harps, a delay pedal and my daily player which has seen two of these all day craft shows, a crawfish boil and several fish fries and barely goes out of tune. I finally broke a string after playing all day.  

Pop and Suzi in the booth. I made Suzi a guitar last year and she stopped by for a new slide. Yes sir I provide customer support if you need it. 

I expected to make a lot of photos, keep up a running live commentary posted to facebook and all kinds of ideas but to tell you the truth I was too busy talking, playing and selling. One good story of the day. A young mother stops by with three stair stepped little girls. She buys the two biggest ones one string guitars. I look at the little one and see that there is going to be some trouble at home later, three kids, two guitars so I quickly say "well here you bought two, you get one free." The day was saved! 

The last couple of weeks I have really felt that I may have broken through some barrier with my guitars. They are certainly looking good and playing well. I have a simple design that is easy and consistent to produce. There seems to be a shift from having to have lot of product hanging in the local stores to the fact that people call me up and say, "Hey make me one." and I fix them up with what I think they would like.  

Thanks to my family and friends for supporting me by buying my guitars. Thanks to all those folks I have never met who bought a guitar.  There are a lot of you out there somewhere. 

Now rock on! 



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger