Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Morning Duck Hunt...

I know this kind of looks like Drum and Tuba go to the lake but there were no musical instruments in sight as me and Mary took part in a time honored old Wallace family tradition of ducking hunting. As sometimes happens on a duck hunt, no ducks were harmed. There were few out and about even though it was a nice foggy ducky morning. 
That's not ducks. It's our decoys. I did have two ducks try to sit down on me as I waded around putting these out and Mary was stashing the boat in a good hiding place. 

Mary watches, waits. At least the temperature was pleasant. I bet next trip we freeze our butts. 

Mary did get one shot at some diving ducks, lesser scaups I believe. I think Mary has found a new calling as a shotgun canoe rider. 

Mary finds animal scat of some sort laying on the water grass. I don't know what kind of critter. This is not really near shore. 

This seems to be a good area to see lots of turtles. The water is winter time clear and they are not sticking their heads out of the water but instead as you glide along gently paddling they are easily spotted swimming along side and underneath the canoe. 

I manned the back of the boat. 

This was the first duck hut with the canoe. It performed well loaded with two hunters, two shotguns, a bare minimum of ammo to save weight and 10 decoys. I did buy a floating gun case in case of a tump and the velcro rod holders were perfect for holding the little single shot 20 gauge securely.
 Have not had the big boat out much lately. I bet today would have been a good fishing day but we have a pretty good stock of catfish in the freezer and Cathy has been on the bike riding kick lately around town to try and be a bit greener so I guess the man powered boat can be a part of that. 


Mary stands up to take a shot. Not really because the canoe was just barely grounded, barely floating so kind of stabilized against the bottom. My advise to you is to not try anything you may see here on this blog. You might get your photo in some other publication. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger