Sunday, January 03, 2016

We Got TV....

That's right the kids gave us a TV for Christmas. There is a long resistance to TV around here, tempered somewhat by the new age of the internet where you can watch what you want on a lap top or phone but the house has been without a traditional cable hook up for 30+ years and have had no channels whatsoever since things went digital. Some of you regular readers may be aware that the way the blog supports itself is through big screen giveaways. Before I knew I had a new TV that day I had been pleasantly driving across town photographing big screens for my next giveaway. Here's the photos.

Good Christmas at this house. They got a present that just killed this big boy and brought about it's deposition to the curb. I mean what could be better that this monument to American culture? 

Must have received two tvs for Christmas to replace these two lonely soldiers. 

I think the first TV I had as an adult in the late 1970s was a small black and white that was given to my dad as a service award from his work. Before I had moved out of his house we had had a black and white TV and no cable. My dad was not one for frivolous extras.  I guess I inherited some of that because as I got out on my own my parents opened a new bank account and as a prize they received a 19 inch color portable. They had bought themselves a color console and hooked up cable and at the house I rented I also got cable and at the age of 22 I learned that Bonanza was filmed in color. 

Soon though I bought a house out of town. Cable did not reach in those days so back to one channel. Soon kids came along. We let them watch videos but trying to be good hippie parents we limited the viewing. The kids grew up, moved out and have their own TVs the internet came along and we did acquire habits like binge watching Game of Thrones and Netflix. 

Recently our Granddaughter, Coraline, asked Cathy, "Grandma can we watch a little T, just a little T?" Even the Grand kids have caught on that TV is not the center of life.   

So this Christmas the kids went together and got is a TV. It's a modest 32 incher that does Amazon, youtube, netflix and I don't know what else. We did not even have to adjust the living space to much to absorb the new size. It may change the focus of Cathy's art installations that sometimes occupy the box window. 

So that leaves me to make a photo of my own kicked to the curb TV. It's a handy little devil. Got a built in VCR player. It's color. Call me 707-9211 and I'll give it to you. Will not ship but I'll deliver local.  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger