Monday, July 04, 2016

Family Tradition...

On this holiday weekend it's good to have family traditions. When we go to the lake each summer we have some special ones that are related to tubing and knee boarding.

Everyone knows that a small child held up and offered to the water ski gods ensures that you have a safe summer on the lake. The gods never accept the offering. It's just symbolic and as we are careful responsible adults everything is safe and of course I make sure I have tried it first. I always tell the grandkids "Hold my O'Doul's and watch this." 


Here you see Margaret and her kids Addison and Grayson as the suffer the down the creek ride. Always pull out of state visitors down a small creek on a tube when they visit East Texas. Throw Warren on there and have him make snake noises. 


Coraline says "you ok grandpa?" She is  famous because after a spectacular flame out by me on the knee board last summer she said, "ok we need to get him home now." Actually this position keeps my head from getting sun burned. With thinning hair it's fast becoming my traditional position.  

Always tell the new person to the knee board, "we are not going to go fast."



Stock market tip. Mary stands on the knee board. You head in a northerly direction which corresponds with up and you time how long she stays up. Then you head in a southerly direction which corresponds with down and time that also. Tells you how many points the stock market will rise or fall when it opens after the holiday. We are not telling the results. Of course for a small fee we can advise other investors. 


Mudbelly's health check. If he can get up on the knee board will probably make another year. 


I think James McMurty had a song where he mentions something like "teaching the kids to jump the wake screaming like cats on fire." Here is pre screaming like cats on fire photo. 








Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger