Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Weekend in Chicago...

Travels may be ending for awhile. We concluded our summer of the city which has seen us in Houston, San Juan, New Orleans, Munich, Prague, Innsbruck and now Chicago for a visit with Katie and Peter. You might can put Chicago on the list twice since we were there in May and it was kind of beginning to be summer in East Texas and on that trip we did not need any kind of heavy weather gear.  

It was definitely summer in Chicago this time and while milder temps than Texas it was a bit humid but good for a day at the ball park to see the White Sox play the Mariners. We have seen the Cubs at Wrigley Field before so this was new. The old famous White Sox park has been torn down and we arrived just in time to see the corporate sponsorship change from Cellular One to Guaranteed Rate Park. That's some kind of local mortgage giant and some are already calling the park "Guaranteed Fate." Anyway the Sox won for us and while Cathy is a bit mad about the Sox's win over the Astros in the 2005 World Series (she got wrapped up in the game on an airport TV and missed a flight) it was hard not to be for the home team.  

Katie bought me a serving of nachos in a Sox batting helmet. It had all the trimmings and after I ate it and wore the helmet it made my hair perfect.  


That name will soon be coming down. 




Certainly a nice park and we had great seats but you know it just aint home. Don't seem right playing baseball outside. 






Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger