Wednesday, September 28, 2016

For the Fishing Log...

If you recall we bought a 5 gallon bucket of Catfish bait back around Easter. We use this blog as a log to see how many cats we catch each year and we want to see how far the 5 gallons go. We also fished Pop's pond. 

It was a windy day fishing with cousin Beverly and we picked only 15 cats, which is a little off the usual pace but we had a great time. 


Here is a windy tangle. I don't know if they are sure whose fish that was. 


Beautiful sunset. One bit of bad news is I think we cracked our tie up spot we call the "pencil" because it is so thin and flimsy. I have a plan though. If the lake drops a couple of feet I'll slip a long PVC pipe over it to make tie ups easier. 



Second outing of the weekend was Pop's pond. Probably needs a blog post of it's own.  Here Pop and Mary cruise in the gator with fishing rods. They mean business. 

Mary and Warren fish. Even with green trees in the back ground looking kind of fall like around the pond. 


Funny thing, I hang a bass and swap poles with Warren so he can reel it in. He had a bream hooked on his pole. All day I did the casting and he did the reeling. Coraline can cast pretty well at 6 years old and he will be casting by next summer. I don't think I was casting till I turned 12. 


I think there is a way to hold those bass so the look bigger, just saying...



Big old bream! 


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger