Friday, September 09, 2016

Street Musicians Europe...

I have noted that when I tell folks that we will be busking downtown that the word "busk" is often new to them. Busking means street performance for gratuities. Street performance, it can be music or anything entertaining is practiced the world over but it's something new in Lufkin. It was very gratifying recently as we busked downtown to have the young man from Seattle come up and tell us it reminded him of home to see us playing on the street. I doubt I will devote much time to long term performing bands as I have in the past but  continue to polish my street act as I can incorporate everything I play from the cigar box guitar to the tuba into an act.

Here are some photos form Europe of street musicians. All musicians were tipped for their work. The accordion player was on a Munich street.  

Clarinet plays in Munich. 


Beverly's favorite. 


Organ Grinder. 


Plenty of work for organ grinders. 


Classical guitar Munich. 


Hurdy Gurdy Man invites sing along in Bavaria 


Pretty good dixieland music in Prague. Banjo was top notch and I want to be the percussionist when I grow up. 


Traditional trumpet fanfare every hour on the hour Prague. 


Some type of modern tongue drum  St. Charles Bridge Prague. 


Munich. I have bid on ebay a couple of times for a big triangle shaped bass like that but fortunately for yall I have not won yet.  


We made friends with these folks in Prague. They pointed us to a good music club. 


We are thinking about busking at the food truck tonight. It's not the scheduled night but what the hey. 



2 Comments:

Blogger rosskay62 said...

I keep trying to convince Beverly to play her flute in Munich and make us some cash, but she has resisted so far!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Carl said...

Keep trying. Tell her we made $23 busking here in Lufkin so she should easily top that.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger