Wednesday, October 12, 2016

I guess I'll Write About Certain Places the Rest of My Life...

When it comes to big cities I have spent a time in all the usual suspects within a several hundred mile radius with the most visited being Houston, Austin, New Orleans and Chicago and that might be fairly accurately listed in order with Chicago gaining ground fast and Austin sinking in the ratings not necessarily because of any lost love but just the fact being that I have nothing drawing me there for now. With a visit to Europe this summer this axis of entertainment was widened and attractions of Prague were enough to make me want to explore more. We certainty had a good place to stay there.  


This is the building our airb&b apartment was in. Two couples stayed for less per night that you would spend at a Marriott facility in a nice USA neighborhood. Our host informed us  that Rolling Stone Keith Richards and film director Oliver Stone occasionally stayed in the building. The apartment we rented was owned by a fairly well known photographer/film maker/producer Adolph Zika. Adolph seems mainly known for making black and white nude photos of his girlfriend but don't worry it's no worse that you would see on award winning TV series such as Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, of issue from Donald Trumps mouth. 

View of the river from the balcony. 


One thing about Europe is that when you see something you cannot read a sign (in English) and know what it is. Across the street from us is what I would guess is some kind of government office. 


The living room looking into our bed room. Very comfortable sleeping with the windows open and letting street sounds drift up as a city that never sleeps lullaby. 


I think our photographer friend was a car fan. Lots of models. 


Kind of like my house with drums of various sorts tucked into the corners of rooms. This is exactly the kind of drum that Cathy likes played for an alarm clock in the mornings. 


For some reason I find myself at hippie festivals from time to time and some one usually has Patrician masks for sale. I always wondered who bought that stuff. 


After a couple of weekends of heavy music playing around here I am only just feeling like picking up a guitar after a couple of days break. After a couple of weeks on the road it was a nice treat to find a guitar and amp in the apartment. I had stuck my trusty slide in my pocket and while the action on what appeared to be a Fender Strat was too low for my slidey slider thing I enjoyed having something to strum on. I think that little Marshall amp had a malfunctioning master volume so no tome machine here. One of my cigar box amps will eat this for lunch especially if you like the low fi thing.  


Speaking of Mr. Richards this was a coffee table book, in addition to Adolph's own books available for browsing. I just looked at the photos in both of them since they were in Czech. 

I say what appeared to be a Fender Strat because there was no country of origin, usually they (I own two strats, I can speak on this) have USA, Mexico, China and so on somewhere on them and a serial number. This had neither but did have a Fender decal. Till I get some more info I am calling some kind of knock off, parts guitar or down right fake. All that don't mean it was a bad guitar. It does show some signs of serious play wear but I hope nobody payed full Fender price. 


Prague, I don't know when I see you again. Till then, I write and remember.





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger