Sunday, October 09, 2016

We Had Another Big Fish Fry...

Believe it or not we got the house all cleaned up, musical instruments were stored till next time (which comes sooner than you think, playing at church this evening), and the only people who spent the night at the house were related to me.  

Thanks to all the folks who came. There were old friends, new friends, people I have not seen in a long time. There were musicians and kids. I can't say enough to thank Arron, Ray and Connie who really deliver the goods on the cooking. We gonna do this again. Here's photos, some by me and some by Edna. If you got some good pictures please post them. 


Thanks for cooking Ray! He stepped in when another cook had to cancel. 


Great job Aaron. We will do this again. 


I don't know if I got a photo of every picker but the music was good. 


Hushpuppies by Connie. 





Mike came and played early because he had a gig. 





Warren plays backup for songs by blond chicks. 


Cathy, Mary, Rose. 



New to percussion her name is Journey. 


Anne with her vintage Silver-tone. 


Diamond on washboard. We gave her a washboard to wood shed for Pop Fest in a few weeks.  




Of course no party is complete without tuba.


Thanks to everyone who brought a side dish. I had cake for breakfast and am looking forward to other leftovers for lunch. 


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger