Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The Meatsweats and Mule Armstrong...

I always have admired the musician George Clinton. We got to see him perform in New Orleans a few years ago In addition to righteous funky music he created this whole mythology around the group Parliment/Funkadelic involving costumes, characters and the mothership. Well we modeled this a bit by playing a gig this weekend at Travis Kitchen's Annual Fall Jamfest to bebefit Thanksgiving Dinner for M.D. Anderson Cancer Hospital. We Called ourselves the Meatsweats   

You know what the meatsweats are. You've had them. Just spend a Saturday evening at an East Texas wedding reception or quinceanera  eating too many carnitas and the good tacos. The next day you may find yourself sweating for no good reason. That's the meatsweats. Here on stage at the jamfest is left to right Meatbelly Meatsweat, Captain Meatsweat, Mule Armstrong and Necklips Meatsweat. 

Thanks to the great sound team with Jenny (I think) and Spanky who made it no great stretch to take this street performing collective of freaks and plug them into mics and have it all sound good.  

Here is our publicity promo. Who would not like to come to a Meet the Meatsweats event?

Here's Mule applying make up to the Captain. 




Meatbelly and Necklips. 


Necklips Meatsweat. 


There were many bands that played each with their own mythology including a very good KISS tribute band "Lovegunner." 

Black Masquerade. 


Joe Cuellar with Marshall and Rayburn Hance. 


James Alton Hutchison


That's the master of ceremony "Death" with a young man who's name I forgot. 


Steve Costner Band. 


The Stonewall Rockers. Thanks to Travis for the invite to sit in with them and the Brazos River Rats. 



Me on Harp with the rockers. 


I play my turtle shell percussion with the Rockers. 


Here's Jongy. Let's make him a blog character. We need more sax. 


Cathy with Batman Hance. 


KISS and the Meatsweats party! 


In addition to all this there was a charity auction that me and Mule won nice items in and a catfish dinner for everyone. Thanks again to Travis for a smooth well run event. 




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger